Great Book Adventure

The Spot to learn more about the Great Book Adventure Letterboxing Gathering, to be held October 21, 2006 in Tomball TX. Check back regularly for updates.

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, usually

I write, sometimes even for money, but usually not. I cook; I avoid cleaning if possible. I do the New York Times Crossword Puzzle every day. I carve my own rubber stamps and do assorted things with them, including letterboxing. I occasionally get riled up about something or other. I lean left, but I like dialog and respectful debate.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Event Structure - Give input!

So, we'd like to hear from you. . .the attendees.

Post a comment to the blog or shoot us an email to let us know these things:

1. Would you come to a Friday night social event? There are lots of out of towners coming and lots of new faces. A casual Friday dinner would give people the opportunity to socialize and then be able to donate more of Saturday to actually boxing. Or, alternately, we can set up a Saturday night after party where everyone can chill out and tell war stories from the day.

2. Is there a short class you'd like to have at the gathering? Improving your stamp carving, making logbooks, writing mystery clues?

3. Anything else? Don't be shy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Barefoot Lucy said...

Hey y'all!

I think I would prefer either a late Friday evening get-together or a Saturday dinner myself (strong preference to Saturday). I'm figuring we'll need 3 hours to get there, and it's up in the air whether I can leave early or not.

But whatever the group wants, I'll do everything I possibly can to be there!

Lucy

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We can do a Friday night dinner but Saturday evening is out--high school varsity football. That weekend it's Saturday Night Lights. We may not all be able to do the full day, but at least Onslow and I can linger until the afternoon before we have to go and be responsible, supportive parents again.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Blue Butterfly said...

I will be able to do Saturday night, but not Friday. If Lucy Locket gets to come it will have to be Saturday for her too.
Thanks
BB

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com