Great Book Adventure

The Spot to learn more about the Great Book Adventure Letterboxing Gathering, to be held October 21, 2006 in Tomball TX. Check back regularly for updates.

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, usually

I write, sometimes even for money, but usually not. I cook; I avoid cleaning if possible. I do the New York Times Crossword Puzzle every day. I carve my own rubber stamps and do assorted things with them, including letterboxing. I occasionally get riled up about something or other. I lean left, but I like dialog and respectful debate.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A spooky side trip

Your devious hostesses spent part of today replanting and adding some boxes to the Terrors of Telge series at Telge Park in Cypress, Texas. This was the site of last year's mini gathering, which was supposedly a lot of fun, but I, Dewberry, missed it because I was at home having a horror-of-a-stomach virus myself. However, I did find all the stamps later and can attest to what fun boxes are planted there.

Some boxes are being retooled and recarved (Mr. Bones' hiding place was submerged in a swamp), and I still have one more to carve. But, all the boxes should be in place by the first week of the gathering.

Telge Park is about 15 miles from Tomball. It's a great child-friendly destination. And with more than 10 Halloween-themed boxes, it's certainly a fun side trip if you're coming to the Great Book Adventure.

Now, to hide the book boxes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com